Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Another major repair

The crank started to sound so noisy. Since my distance is pretty far, I have no choice but to get it properly looked at.

Once the engine was torn down, I could see the crank shaft bearing at the big end, was badly damaged. That was probably why it sound so noisy. The area where front variator was connected to was badly damaged due to previous service. The oil pump gears was also broken. The diaphragm was not reusable. So I planned an overhaul exercise.

Later we found out that the crank shaft comes in a full set. I have no choice but to agree replacing it all.

The piston was okey, so only the piston ring was replaced.

As you know it, a liquid cooled engine was not cheap when it comes to major repairs. With all the gasket and oil seal, the engine oil and the workmanship, the cost reaches up to RM1300. Man, I could get a whole new scoot with that amount of money. But, I decided to get it repaired. At least i do not have to endure more debt if I chooses to buy another scooter.

Now, the scooter is okay but I am pretty broke to renew the road tax. So, I turn to my FX 110 to go to work!

As at now, the mileage is at 86,600km.................

2 comments:

saya said...

Mine Just reach 40+++ km,
now at worksyop for major repair. Engine block maybe.
I'm travelling 70km to office & 70km back home. Average speed 115km/h.Problem started since belting broken. Belting area started to give noise. Then skuter hard to start. Change Spark plug. Two days later cannot start at all.
Is it really RM1300 for the engine block?

Dean said...

Yes, it is around that price.